[Oberon] The "Oberon" context identifier.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Fri Dec 21 20:55:40 CET 2018

Hello & Greetings of the Season,

This is for potential interest.  I hope it doesn't offend anyone.

To some extent at least, I understand the circumstances and reasoning
which led to "Oberon" as a Context identifier in A2.  Conversely,
"Oberon" appears in many contexts (not only Contexts) and the meaning
of the term as a Context identifier can easily elude or confuse a
novice.  Particularly someone learning by self-instruction without
benefit of lectures  and tutorials.  Therefore I wonder whether a
synonym might be admitted. "A2Oberon" is an obvious possibility but
rather long.  "A2O" strikes me as a reasonable compromise between
brevity and clarity.  Such a change is more likely to advance adoption
of A2 than to retard it.

I'm not asking to abruptly replace Context identifier "Oberon" with
"A2O". Only to allow A2O or similar as a more focussed synonym.

Thanks,           ... Lyall E.

--
Message composed and transmitted by software designed to avoid the
complication, overhead and vulnerability of antivirus software.

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                                  +1
http://easthope.ca/Peter.html              Bcc: peter at easthope. ca