[Oberon] FPGA - DIY Dialogs

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Fri Jan 18 08:19:25 CET 2019

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 22:32:27 +0100
Jörg Straube <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch> wrote:

> Whether doubly linked or single linked: send to back is moving the
> object to the end of the list.

Yes, I realise now. I was looking at ways to shuffle nodes (swap), is
not easy as requires updating neighbouring node pointers.

I have an idea, marking objects as hidden with id=0 (as valid ids > 0),
and cloning them at back or front of the list. One assignment for
cloning NEW(p); p^:=o^, plus Insert(), or Append(), all in there
already, and are easy, simple assignments, too, for first/last
prev/next.

I think regular object copies may be required anyway.

Hidden objects will be compressed out during store, one IF o.id # 0;

This may support object removal at runtime, too, sort of.
There is some memory overhead though, but only during design phase.

I just see node pointer shuffling a bit complicated and wish to avoid
if possible.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>