[Oberon] Re (2): ISO image for A2 installer.

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:55:32 CET 2019

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 15:11, <peter at easthope.ca> wrote:

> From:   Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>
> Date:   Sun, 10 Feb 2019 12:58:27 +0100
> > ... points to the ISOs here:
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/a2oberon/files/
>
> Thanks Liam.  Sourceforge is offering Rev-6498 dated 2015-10-23
> whereas here LinuxA2 is rev.8586.
>
> LinuxA2 can build the installer for native A2.  Before trying that,
> will try retrieving the iso from home.  (In case the snag is in the
> campus network here.)

Your threading seems to be broken to me, in Gmail. Each reply starts a
new thread.

Anyway, yes, I have spoken a little with Bernhard Treutwein about
this. He is exploring how to build complete A2 installable images from
the source. I haven't got that far myself yet; I've been installing it
on various systems, on bare metal and in VMs and under other OSes, and
trying to explore and understand a little.

My understanding at the moment is that ETH has released newer source
snapshots than any existing compiled build that is out there, but the
knowledge of how to build them is lacking in the tiny FOSS community
for Oberon. :-(