[Oberon] IMPORT Modules: why does order matter?

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sat Mar 2 19:50:57 CET 2019

Andreas:

  imagine I write my own module Acquire which is reading some FPGA registers with direct addressing the FPGA, and writes the number to the system log via Out.Int(value). The only import would be Out. Do I need to import all the other stuff which you listed below?

In previous Oberons, as well as in BlackBox,  the complete import list was not needed. Is it needed now? If so, can this new feature be fixed as it does not seem friendly?

Wojtek