[Oberon] PO2013 - Real time measurement

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Sun Mar 24 16:13:41 CET 2019

Hi,

Trying to revive an old topic, using PIC to collect data for Oberon
System.

Reading specs of
[1] PIC16F84A
[2] PIC16F818

[1] Seems a good starter, but [2] has a lot more features, e.g A/D,
also SPI / I2C.

Manual gives these signals on SPI

Serial Data Out (SDO)        RB2/SDO/CCP1
Serial Data In (SDI)         RB1/SDI/SDA
Serial Clock (SCK)           RB4/SCK/SCL
Slave Select (SS)            RB5/SS

And this on I2C

I2C Slave mode (7-bit address)
I2C Slave mode (10-bit address)
I2C Slave mode (7-bit address) with Start and
  Stop bit interrupts enabled to support Firmware
  Master mode
I2C Slave mode (10-bit address) with Start and
  Stop bit interrupts enabled to support Firmware
  Master mode
I2C Firmware Controlled Master mode with Start
  and Stop bit interrupts enabled, slave is Idle

I am zero on I2C, but have some little knowledge of SPI, but the
signals above are named differently to Oberon RISC5 docs??

I like this picture on SPI chip select addressing.

Oberon GPIO is 8 bit, some can be configured to I2C or SPI signals, I
hope.

This is now long term goal of mine>
I want to achieve an interconnection of field instruments with
Oberon system through PIC, incl. A/D, D/D, etc conversions. So one could
measure temperature, and other physical qualities. And at the same time
drive some actions on the controlled process, valves open/close, servos
on/off. Ideally with proportional regulation.

I wish to start with a simple thermistor temperature probe, A/D
conversion, and some trending in Oberon system.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>