[Oberon] Assumed issue in the Lola-2 compiler

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sun Apr 14 18:36:25 CEST 2019

Wojtek

It heavily depends on the use case. My Display.Mod display driver for the colored frame buffer is full of SETs. So yes, I’m puristic enough to use SETs if appropriate.

Whether you use internally INTEGERs or SETs depends on the operations you apply to your values: Addition, subtraction is more for INTEGERs, Bit tests and mask operation is more for SETs, although you can mask with MOD and DIV on INTEGERs as well...

As important as the operations are the input/output routines for those values.
As shown in LSV.WriteHex, this output routine takes a (signed) INTEGER but effectively writes it as (unsigned) hex value even for INTEGERS where the highest (sign) bit is set.

br
Jörg