[Oberon] Assumed issue in the Lola-2 compiler

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Mon Apr 15 12:37:15 CEST 2019

> Thank you for the clarification. Is there a formal specification
> somewhere of how the DIV operator exactly works?

Not really... what's not specifically defined in the Oberon language
report is normally intentionally left undefined; then implementors look
at the behaviour of Prof. Wirth's compilers to find direction on how to
implement something in order to be compatible, but the choice is
basically up to them.

So I would suggest looking at how the Oberon RISC compiler generates
code, as the easiest route.

Cheers
Paul