[Oberon] A C++ version of the Lola-2 compiler and an Oberon to C++ compiler

rochus.keller at bluewin.ch rochus.keller at bluewin.ch
Wed Apr 17 18:11:32 CEST 2019

There is also OBNC (see https://miasap.se/obnc/ ) and Vishap (see https://github.com/vishaps/voc ).

But the primary goal of https://github.com/rochus-keller/Oberon is to translate the Lola-2 compiler to C++ without need of an Oberon specific runtime system and with no other dependencies than the standard C++ libraries. It is therefore not directly comparable to the aforementioned compilers and currently only supports the subset of Oberon used in the Lola-2 compiler. I wanted to have a translator which can cope with missing modules and synthesize their APIs using the calls from the available modules. So I could focus on just the needed data structures and procedures without being an expert in the Oberon System or Oberon standard libraries.

>> A section in the Wikibook titled "Auxilliary Software" or similar?

I don't think Oberon developers will be much interested in my projects. The target audience are rather hardware developers looking for alternatives to Verilog and an open source FPGA toolchain. Maybe the OberonViewer (see https://github.com/rochus-keller/Oberon ) is of some use for Oberon developers, but it is not an IDE, just a viewer and code navigator. But of course it's up to you what you consider worth mentioning in your book.

Best
R.K.