[Oberon] PO2013 - System.CloseTrack / System.ExtendDisplay

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 21:37:55 CEST 2019

  > Andreas:
  >  I vividly remember executing System.CloseTrack on the left track, then on the right track,
  > and then puzzling over a uniformly white screen. It was one of those silly tests trying to
  > convince myself that Oberon System was a bullet proof OS that was impossible to derail.
  > I was pretty young back then.
  > Wojtek

Hi Wojtek,

so now we are at the same level of “insight”. PS: Another way to arrive at a completely blank
screen is by simply clicking on System.Close in the title bar of every open viewer (for the system
log viewer, just type System.Close in it, place the star marker on the viewer, then click the cmd).

PS: I experienced similar “insights” when implementing System.CloseDisplay for virtual logical
display areas.. until I finally built in a safety mechanism: at least one display must be open.

Best regards - I hope you still enjoy Oberon (with at least one open viewer) ;-)
Andreas