[Oberon] Unreferenced/unused code in Project Oberon 2013

Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de
Sat Apr 27 22:42:55 CEST 2019

Hello,

I used some scripts to identify unreferenced code (after stumbling upon
some unused variables in TextFrames), and was surprised how much code I
could remove without affecting the system at all... (I also removed
System.ExtendDisplay, as that one is of no use in Project Oberon, but
apart from that I tried not to remove any command procedures.)

Does anyone know if that code is there to be useful in the future, or
did Prof. Wirth just not yet find the time to finish his software
(which, if I recall correctly, is not finished when there is nothing
left to add, but nothing left to take away)?

Here is a diff:
https://github.com/schierlm/OberonXref/blob/remove-unreferenced-code/remove-unreferenced-code.patch

And here is a side-to-side view:
https://github.com/schierlm/OberonXref/commit/e49dddb57d076ef6a256496949d15a143c0e017d