[Oberon] PO2013 - System.CloseTrack / System.ExtendDisplay

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Wed May 15 01:32:48 CEST 2019

Wojtek wrote:-
> Imagine three or more tracks on top of each other..
> Imagine CTRL-N cycling forward to the "next track", CTRL-B cycling back.
> Being able to cycle through a linked list of tracks without closing them
> will provide for a poor man multiple desktop.

Yes! Screen area is often a limiting factor.
Imagine a project starting with files/userFrames A1,B1,C1 on a single <screen>.
Later is has evolved to having 3 Screens, each with multiple UserFrames:
 [perhaps the SystemTrack stays constant?]:
S1: A1, A2, C1, C3
S2: B1, B2, A4, C4
S3: A5, C2

Now, as in real-life, for directory-trees, the user may want to rearrange:
 considering which frames need best be seen together; to get:-
S1: A1,A2,A3,A4,A5
S2: B1,B2, A3
S3: C1,C2,C3,C4, A3
 and per ETHO, all same-named Frames are syncronised/identical.

Currently under linux, [I don't know about M$pook] launching an ETHO in
each of 3 destops, gives 3 independent/unsyncronised A3 files for the
above scenario. Big problem: which I have with multiple desktops.

==crg.