[Oberon] Oakwood Files.Delete

Arthur Yefimov artur.efimov at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 18:50:01 CEST 2019

In the Oakwood guidelines for Oberon-2 (1995),
in section 1.2.5.2 Operations on files and the file
directory, one can read the following:

"Delete(fn, res) removes the directory entry for the file fn
without deleting the file. If res=0
the file has been successfully deleted. If there
are variables referring to the file while
Delete is called, they can still be used."

How can I delete a file from a file system directory on
Windows or Linux without deleting it on the actual disk?
How can a file then be deleted from the disk?
Does this mean that if I open a file with Old, and then
call Delete, the file should be copied to /tmp, or does
it mean it should be loaded into RAM?

Kind regards,
Arthur Yefimov