[Oberon] Characters 80H to FFH.

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sat Aug 24 19:14:28 CEST 2019

Lyall

The keyboard handling is OS-specific, so the link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_key does not help for Oberon as it only describes Windows and macOS.
How the A2O handles keys (dead keys or cursor keys) is up to A2O.
For example: native ProjectOberon doesn't handle dead keys at all (characters >7FH are not supported anyhow), and if ProjectOberon runs on an emulator it depends a little bit on the emulator how cursor keys are handled. The Oberon OS is not very good at defining this.

br
Jörg

Am 24.08.19, 15:26 schrieb "oberon-bounces at lists.inf.ethz.ch im Auftrag von peter at easthope.ca" <oberon-bounces at lists.inf.ethz.ch im Auftrag von peter at easthope.ca>:

    For S3, http://www.ethoberon.ethz.ch/keyboard.html explains how
    accented characters 80H to FFH are typed on a US keyboard using dead
    keying. Ref. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_key .  At present I don't
    have S3 at hand but try in A2O.

    To obtain eacute, for example, dead key Alt+' and then e. OK, except
    that in A2O I get apostrophe e; not eacute.

    Does dead keying work in A2O?  Am I misinterpreting the instructions?
    Is a configuration required?

    Thanks,                            ... Lyall E.

    --
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon