[Oberon] Local procedures.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Fri Sep 27 18:17:31 CEST 2019

From:	Andreas Pirklbauer <andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com>
Date:	Thu, 26 Sep 2019 22:34:12 +0200
> Has anyone by any chance adapted the FPGA Oberon system to use a
> *separate* fixup list for each imported module ...

Wish I could tackle such project but too ambitious for me at present.

>From andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com  Sat Feb 10 15:37:23 2018
> I believe eliminating local procedures would not do much harm.

In rewriting Mail.Wrap
( https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/A2/Oberon.Mail.Mod )
I globalized procedures which might have been local to Wrap.
WCopySeparator(), for example.

Rather than introduce a long parameter list I invented global type
WrapData allowing parameter data bundled in one variable.

If there is a negative concensus for what I've done, procedures can be
localized easily enough.

To the extent of my experience, Wrap is error-free when applied to
Oberon Text.  When applied to Text in a Document there can be some
breakage.  I need to understand and fix that.

Given my limited expertise, feedback is certainly welcome.

Thanks,           ... Lyall E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca