[Oberon] Re: File comparison in V5.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sat Oct 19 01:31:18 CEST 2019

>From joerg.straube at iaeth.ch  Tue Aug  6 13:54:08 2019
> I have a draft version of diff working on ProjectOberon. But it is not
> yet in a state I can distribute. BTW: I did not reuse S3 source, wrote
> it from scratch

Good!

Today I noticed a fourth approach in Oberon.TextDocs.Mod.
"(** Starts searching for textual differences starting at the selection
  positions of the last two selected texts
		Call: TextDocs.SearchDiff(** Starts searching for textual differences
		  starting at the selection positions of the last two selected texts
		Call: TextDocs.SearchDiff [text1 text2]			exact comparison
				TextDocs.SearchDiff \w [text1 text2]		compare ignoring 'white space'
*)
PROCEDURE SearchDiff*;"

To see the module, open
https://svn-dept.inf.ethz.ch/svn/lecturers/a2/trunk/source/
and supply userid infsvn.anonymous and password anonymous. In the
resultant list of sources click on Oberon.TextDocs.Mod.

At each difference, the two selections must be reset to continue.
Automation of the reset may be possible.  The implementation is
in Gadgets modules but parallel implementation in plain Texts
should be possible.

[ An amateur can use an Oberon system for years and still find
an unknown and useful feature.  Amazing! ]

Regards,                        ... Lyall E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca