[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): Updating a Text in a Gadget.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sun Dec 1 19:20:47 CET 2019

From:	=?utf-8?B?SsO2cmc=?= <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch>
Date:	Sat, 30 Nov 2019 15:48:39 +0100
> In Oberon systems programmed by NW, „id“ determines what kind of update it is.
> In Oberon systems programmed by JG (e.g. S3), „len" is used as follows;
> - len=0 —> delete from beg to end
> - beg=end —> insert len at beg
> - beg#end —> replace beg til end by len

Thanks.  Very helpful.  Understanding from reading the source only
would be a long shot for me.

I found this comment again at the end of Oberon.Texts.Mod.
"3. There are two mechanisms to read from a text and one to write to a
text. ... The difference between texts and buffers involve the display
update operations. Each text can possibly be represented on the
display by some kind of text editor or viewer. When a module
manipulates a text, a message called the UpdateMsg (type
Texts.UpdateMsg) is broadcast to all viewers or text editors
representing the text.  ..."

                               ... L. E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca