[Oberon] 30th anniversary of Oberon

Peter Easthope peter at easthope.ca
Mon Jan 6 04:15:16 CET 2020

Hi,

On Fri, January 3, 2020 7:40 am, Joerg wrote:
> I tried to quickly collect the differences of Oberon87 and Oberon90.
> Perhaps I missed some:
> 1) What is exported?
> 87: mentioned in DEFINITION
> 90: declaration marked with *
> 2) What is a string?
> 87: enclosed by  “ “ or ‘ ‘
> 90: enclosed by “ “

Several others contributed to this topic as well.

Obviously there is interest in the evolution of the language
variants and systems.  Might be worth a chapter in the wikibook. (?)
Incorporation of the literature references seems appropriate.
Joerg's list of changes is also interesting.

Would this be OK?  Complaints, criticisms, comments?

There can also be an acknowledgement section mentioning names
of people who've contributed corrections, additional topics,
tips & etc.  Anyone adamant about anonymity =8~) is welcome to
notify me in a private message; and, of course, anyone can edit.

Last weekend I noticed the Sway window manager resembling the
Oberon TUI.  https://swaywm.org/  A good idea can be inescapable.

Regards,             ... L.

--
Tel.: +1 604 670 0140      Bcc: peter at easthope. ca