[Oberon] Oberon System emulator for Windows

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Feb 11 00:15:03 CET 2020

Paul:

thank you! I downloaded and installed the emulator with both the 2016 original provided by Peter, and with Andreas files from his website downloaded today. It turns out that Peter's image extension is .dsk, while Andreas is .img. Took me a while to reconcile. It would be nice to use the same extension.

I started a project to clean up the Oberon sources in order to factor out the verbatim constants like "4", "12", "-60", etc. I am not sure how far I can go with the cleanup and whether the community is interested in this kind of improvement at all.

Since Oberon FPGA boards are all gone from the market, this emulator is providing the only development base until new FPGA boards eventually appear. It is both bad and good. Bad because it would make sense to actually run the system on a board. Good because the emulator cost compares quite favorably with a cost of the eventual board.

Thank you,
Wojtek