[Oberon] Fwd: IDE with integrated source level debugger andLuaJIT VM running the Oberon System

rochus.keller at bluewin.ch rochus.keller at bluewin.ch
Sat Feb 15 11:20:40 CET 2020

@ Pablo Cayuela

Thank you for your feedback and your interest in the project.

>> I would really appreciate a guide to the interface of the IDE
There is no such documentation yet and I have to admit that I am not an experienced Oberon System user, so I probably have misunderstandings and prioritize the Oberon system workflows wrongly. The only thing that is currently not directly explorable via IDE context menus is the CTRL+click navigation from identifiers to their declarations. Everything else including the shortcuts should be explorable directly in the GUI and comprehensible to users (experience with similar IDEs and debuggers assumed). And of course I will be happy to answer your questions and one could set up a documentation Wiki based on this dialogue.
Yet another hint: the middle mouse button in the Oberon System can also be activated by CTRL+click on the left mouse button.

>> despite that I could open project in the folder of Oberon System and launch the module Oberon, is it right?
Great.

>> but when I've tried to ask a system directory of mods I get an error message about an attempt to call field Enumerate of nil value in System.Mod.
The reason for this is that not all procedures of the inner modules are implemented yet; there are still a couple of TODOs, such as the one which causes the exception you observed, see https://github.com/rochus-keller/Oberon/blob/d9ec4d6413401493cd1ff33a984ab3002747e8fa/ObSysInnerLib.cpp#L696 . I will take care of this and provide an implementation. But even though you already got a demonstration on how the IDE jumps in with a stack trace, locals view and corresponding source view.

Best
R.