[Oberon] Re (n): BootManager.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Wed Apr 1 18:27:46 CEST 2020

Hello All,

> What about the source code? Are there any?

BootManager.Asm, BootManager.Mod, BootManager.Text and
BootManager.Tool are now in the wikibook.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/A2#Sources,_Tools_and_Configuration_Texts_in_A2

Those copies serve primarily for convenient instructional access.
They are not necessarily identical to the latest revision at the ETHZ
or elsewhere.

Hypothetically, executables BootManager.Bin, BootManagerMBR.Bin and
BootManagerTail.Bin can be Base64 encoded and put in the book as text
files.  In my view this is not a good choice.  Currently the best
place for the executables is a versioning repository at the ETHZ.

I understand that not everyone can maintain a working copy of a big
repository.  For those users, an appropriate secondary location for
executables is Sourceforge. It has archives for A2 and for S3. If
someone can put the executables there, thanks.

The objective of the wikibook is to explain technical details in a
readily accessable and comprehensible way. Please notify me of any
error.  More strictly, please notify me of any source of confusion.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

The world is at war with a virus.  People are dying.  In many places
the death rate is increasing.  Please do whatever you can to help.

Thanks,                   ... P. Lyall Easthope

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon