[Oberon] Easter eggs in Oberon

Hans Klaver hklaver at dds.nl
Sun Apr 12 20:15:04 CEST 2020

Andreas Pirklbauer wrote:

> In previous versions of the Oberon system, M* denoted the hierarchy consisting of M itself and of all directly and indirectly imported modules. This was used in various procedures and commands, such as Oberon.Call and System.Free M*. However, this is not implemented in PO 2013.

My description of Easter Egg was deliberately kept a little vague.

This is indeed the bonus / extra credit Easter Egg that you found!
Maybe it's not implemented in PO 2013, but it can be read in the 2013 edition of the book Project Oberon (§ 3.3.1 on p. 30).

The list:

1.  integer multiplication operator
2.  real multiplication operator
3.  byte multiplication operator (?)
4.  set intersection operator
5.  export mark
6.  interrupt procedure
7.  part of comment bracket
8.  stand-alone MODULE*
9.  wildcard character on the command line
10. the star marker for a viewer
11.
12.
13. M* denotes the hierarchy consisting of M itself and of all directly and indirectly imported modules