[Oberon] Easter eggs in Oberon
hklaver at dds.nl
Sun Apr 12 20:30:49 CEST 2020
Andreas Pirklbauer wrote:
>> The Oberon star marker (being a large asterisk) is certainly a use case for this symbol in Oberon.
>> So you found one more! Procedures that make use of * don't count.
> Well, an asterisk "*" in the textual parameter list of a command is supposed to refer to the currently marked viewer. See ch.3.4 Toolboxes.
Yes! That's another one.
One to go. I must say that this last one is not implemented in Oberon System V5 because it has no browser, but is in various other Oberons, and is part of the Oakwood Guidelines.
The list (nearly complete):
1. integer multiplication operator
2. real multiplication operator
3. set intersection operator
4. export mark
5. interrupt procedure
6. part of comment bracket
7. stand-alone MODULE*
8. wildcard character on the command line
9. the star marker for a viewer
10. * in the parameter list of a command, meaning
"take input from the currently marked viewer"
12. M* denotes the hierarchy consisting of M itself
and of all directly and indirectly imported modules
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Oberon