[Oberon] Easter eggs in Oberon
hklaver at dds.nl
Sun Apr 12 21:39:30 CEST 2020
> How about "Exported Comments”?
> These are denoted using TWO consecutive asterisks after the opening bracket, for example (** this is an exported comment *). It signals to a browser that the comment should be included in a DEFINITION module being derived from the module being processed.
Yes, an extra * to mark a comment as 'exported comment' is indeed the only one that failed in the list of uses of the asterisk in Oberon that I collected! But I would hardly be surprised if someone finds an additional use case...
The full list:
1. integer multiplication operator
2. real multiplication operator
3. set intersection operator
4. export mark
5. interrupt procedure
6. part of comment bracket
7. stand-alone MODULE*
8. wildcard character on the command line
9. the star marker for a viewer
10. * in the parameter list of a command, meaning
"take input from the currently marked viewer"
11. mark for exported comment
12. M* denotes the hierarchy consisting of M itself
and of all directly and indirectly imported modules
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Oberon