[Oberon] Negative integer literals in Oberon

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Apr 27 20:33:22 CEST 2020

August Karlstrom [fusionfile at gmail.com] wrote

> In the future 32-bit computing will probably be completely outdated.

I bet 32 bit will remain in the embedded electronics for the foreseeable future. Note that the 8-bit 8051 is still one of the most popular controller cores. I heard it is the most popular cores out there even now. There is no need to advance to 64 bit computing for many embedded applications. Computer vision, probably yes. Simple control most likely not.

I happen to believe that RISC5 has a lot of potential which we are slow to realize.

Wojtek