[Oberon] Re (2): Garbled note in old document.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Wed Apr 29 06:11:12 CEST 2020

Joerg & Liam,

Thanks for the replies.

From:	Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>
Date:	Tue, 28 Apr 2020 13:36:52 +0200
> I would guess it's an effort to draw an ASCII arrow. I'd use a hyphen myself:
>
> ->

OK.  In the sense of implication.

Below the heading https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/S3/betadocu#PM
I've expanded the explanation of CHS and added some links.  Hopefully
better rather than worse.

CHS is a small detail.  The document in whole is excellent.

From:	Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>
Date:	Tue, 28 Apr 2020 19:23:48 +0200
> https://opensource.googleblog.com/2020/03/announcing-season-of-docs-2020.html

The claims from the survey (72%, 93%, "top reason") are plausible for
some software. Not applicable to Oberon in my opinion.

Oberon documentation is worth maintaining.  Communally rather than
commercially.

Thanks,                             ... Lyall E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon