[Oberon] Negative integer literals in Oberon

Jan de Kruyf jan.de.kruyf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 11:06:05 CEST 2020

Guy, I am a bit out of the running. My life took a different turn.
But I would say that you might want to investigate how the Ada people do it.
Basically you design an interface module to translate the C peculiarities
to Oberon in any language you like
(assembler comes to mind in specific cases) and then publish the Oberon
interface for the Oberon programmer.
This is a much cleaner solution than trying to massage Oberon to speak C,
that is a bit of a dead end.
And an added advantage is that one can do type and range checking on
whatever C is going to spit out.

j.