[Oberon] Interfacing with Foreign Systems

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Fri May 1 22:42:16 CEST 2020

Guy:

> What about the RISC-V processor. It is supposed to be an open architecture. Is there anybody with some knowledge about it?

There are RISC-V experts in this forum. I can only offer a quote and an opinion:

Quote: RISC-V is featuring "a cornucopia of simulators, applications in the object tool chain, debuggers, C compilers and libraries (also compilers and runtimes for other languages), boot loaders and monitors, kernels and operating systems, and integrated development environments (IDEs) [1].

1. Max Maxfield, Introducing RISC-V and RISC-V Tools, February 14, 2019,
https://www.eeweb.com/profile/max-maxfield/articles/introducing-risc-v-and-risc-v-tools

My opinion: Tools of this complexity can hardly fulfill their open source promise outside the realm of hardcore developers.

W.