[Oberon] Integer subranges (was: Negative integer literals in Oberon)

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sun May 3 02:51:42 CEST 2020

In the interest of historical accuracy, and to help anybody who wishes to research further, my understanding is that that the author of the (circa 1975) CDC 6000 Pascal compiler was Urs Ammann. He documents it in his paper 'On Code Generation in a PASCAL Compiler' (ETH Technical Report TR 013). He is also one of the authors of 'The PASCAL <P> Compiler: Implementation Notes' (ETH Technical Report TR 010).

Both of these papers and an additional chapter, 'The Zurich Implementation' written by Urs are included in the book 'PASCAL The Language and its Implementation' Edited by D.W. Barron. 1981 John Wiley and Sons. ISBN-10: 0471278351. Used copies are currently being advertised on Amazon,

Svend Erik Knudsen's claim to fame was the development of the Medos operating system written in Modula-2. This is documented in his 1983 Dissertation ETH No.7346 'Medos-2: A Modula-2 Oriented Operating System for the Personal Computer Lilith'.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software
https://www.astrobe.com