[Oberon] Interfacing with Foreign Systems

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun May 3 14:32:38 CEST 2020

On Sun, 3 May 2020 at 00:28, Guy T. <turgu666 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Liam,
>
> Would it be easier to think about a port of A2? I’m not familiar at all with that version. From what I’ve seen, they may have something already working on the Pi??

To be honest, I think of them as 2 points on a continuum, not as
different OSes. I am beginning to notice that it seems to me that folk
here don't even think of A2 and do not consider it.

My thinking was:
• that effort in one would reward effort in the other;
• Oberon is single-processor, whereas A2 supports SMP;
• the RasPi 1, Zero & ZeroW are single-processor, whereas the 2, 3 & 4
are quad-core;
• that Oberon would be more suitable for the unicore machines, and A2
for the multicore ones.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com