[Oberon] Unlimited Oberon System for any board

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Wed May 6 20:41:46 CEST 2020

> I suggested trying to get Oberon and/or A2 running on the Raspberry Pi.

> This is not Chinese. It is designed by a British non-profit foundation
> and manufactured in Wales.

Closed source. The CPU is manufactured by Broadcom. You cannot buy the chip. You cannot make your own board. I read a story of a company who made prototypes and then Broadcom flatly refused to sell them chips for production of the board. It put them out of business. This is called monopoly.

> I'm in Czechia and I bought my last RasPi locally. Intra-EU trade is unlikely to suffer at the tiny hands of Little Donny.

I would not be so sure.

Wojtek