[Oberon] Re (2): Audit of Oberon.QuotedPrintable.Mod .

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Fri May 8 21:12:18 CEST 2020

Joerg,

Thanks.

> R.eot becomes only TRUE, if you read BEYOND the last byte.

Understood.

ch is the character read in ReadWrite.  c is the preceeding character
received by ReadWrite as parameter.

In most executions, ReadWrite reads ch and then prints the preceding
character c.

Imagine the last character has been read and received by ReadWrite in
c. Texts.Read tries to read into ch.  When that fails, R.eot is set
TRUE. Then with R.eot TRUE, c is not printed.  The last character
from T is not printed.

Correct?

By the way, this wasn't my initial interest in QuotedPrintable. I'm
trying to understand another problem and stumbled on this.

Thanks,            ... Lyall E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon