[Oberon] Project Oberon running from LPDDR memory on Pipistrello

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Mon May 11 15:57:00 CEST 2020

On Mon, 11 May 2020 15:25:53 +0200
Michael Schierl <schierlm at gmx.de> wrote:

> In RECORD ObjDesc, two INTEGER fields where changed to BYTE (class,
> exno) and fields were reordered to reduce alignment overhead, saving 8
> bytes in total. I did not verify, but probably this also means that
> ObjDesc now fits in a smaller heap block than before.


I see your point, probably yes, this is it.
I did some compare on my local machine, too, and seeing this.
I was not too sure what is meant, as it was also hinted, objects were multiply allocated in earlier versions.

diff -w ../wirth-personal/personal/wirth/ProjectOberon/Sources/ORB.Mod.txt ORB.Mod.txt.2
< MODULE ORB;   (*NW 25.6.2014  / 17.9.2018  in Oberon-07*)
> MODULE ORB;   (*NW 25.6.2014  / 19.4.2017  in Oberon-07*)
<           ELSE
<             IF class = Const THEN
>           ELSIF class = Const THEN
<             END
<         IF mod # NIL THEN Files.WriteString(R, mod(Module).orgname); Files.WriteInt(R, mod.val); Files.WriteString(R, obj.name)
>         IF mod # NIL THEN Files.WriteString(R, mod.name);
> Files.WriteInt(R, mod.val); Files.WriteString(R, obj.name)

Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>

More information about the Oberon mailing list