[Oberon] Standalone BootLoader format

Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de
Fri May 15 15:37:28 CEST 2020

Am 15.05.2020 um 12:45 schrieb Andreas Pirklbauer:

> I suspect (but am not sure) the switch to dc := 8 in ORP was made sometimes
> during 2018.. perhaps when interrupts were introduced on June 28, 2018 (?)

Between 22 Apr 2019 and 04 Jun 2019

<https://github.com/Spirit-of-Oberon/wirth-personal/commit/a60d4cdcbff95c4c60220a1bc7c1a26d0e84fb41#diff-98d5701029fc5fbb486086dfe05d930cL901-R901>

But the NEWS changes do not cover it:

31.5.2019 - ORP.Mod.txt, ORG.Mod.txt updated in TypeTest
15.5.2019 - Floating-point rounding corrected
  update Texts.WriteReal  and  ORS.Number

How to find: On the website mirror repo, choose to "blame" (annotate)
ORP.Mod:

https://github.com/Spirit-of-Oberon/wirth-personal/blame/master/people.inf.ethz.ch/wirth/ProjectOberon/Sources/ORP.Mod.txt

Then you see for each line which revision changed it last. Click on the
"Blame prior" link next to the line where your change is, and look if it
disappears (maybe the line was changed for a different reason). Once it
disappears, you can go back once and click on the timestamp to show the
commit details.

As the website crawler runs in irregular intervals, you know only have
an upper bound of the change time. To get the lower bound, go to "parent
revision" from the commit details.

This method does not work to find when a line (which was there earlier)
disappeared (was deleted). The git client program has a "reverse blame"
mode for that (where you start at an old revision and move forward to
revisions where the line is changed *next* until you cannot find it any
more), but that mode is unfortunately not available on the GitHub website.

Regards,

Michael