[Oberon] PO2013 - SD Image Tool

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sun May 17 08:25:29 CEST 2020

Not exactly. I only rarely ever update the core files that make up Modules.bin. When I do I link those using software on the PC and write them directly, where they belong, onto the SD card on the PC.

> So if I want to update only *some* .rsc files, but not all, I just don t
> call the command ORC.SR 101 and download only the *new* files.
>
> Bottom line: I can further streamline my building tools similar to your
> Upload  in Astrobe. I may actually do that...

BTW I modified the Upload so that the files on the Workstation are given the same timestamp as they have on the PC. I did consider making the upload faster by comparing timestamps on the files on the PC with those on the Workstation and only uploading them if they were different, but didn't think the added complexity (and handling the oddball cases like if you wanted to upload an earlier copy of a file) was worth the bother. If the upload took five minutes and it happened more frequently that would be a different story.

Regards,
Chris