[Oberon] Batch processing of Oberon commands

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 18:20:07 CEST 2020

    > Any particular reason why you did not keep the other changes
    > in my pull request, which added Return values to commands
    > that are likely to be batch-automated?

Actually, earlier version of EOS on Ceres have had a Batch facility for
a long time, but it was never in a publishable state. Recently it was
adapted, and it is now closer to what you had - but not the same.

Return values are actually added to *some* tool commands, e.g. ORX.
The reason why ORL don’t return values is that ORL is also used as a
cross-linker on *other* versions of Oberon that don’t have Oberon.Return.

And adding yet another manual-editing step to pollute the bootstrap process
further was not acceptable. Even the one in ORG should go away. And it will.