[Oberon] Re (2): Networking ETH Oberon on QEMU.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Jul 6 22:26:47 CEST 2020

From:	Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>
Date:	Mon, 6 Jul 2020 21:44:57 +0200
> Is this is a x86 guest on an x86 host?

Yes, to my understanding, "i386" in the command name means that a x86 guest is produced.

> And is the host running Linux?

Yes.  Debian 10.

> Is the CPU of the host machine under, say, a decade old?

A Dell Dimension 4600.

> As such, you could use the KVM Virtual Machine Manager to set up and
> configure your guest VM -- KVM just calls QEMU in order to create
> drives, set up memory etc. This is considerably easier and gives you a
> (reasonably) friendly GUI to set up networking and so on.

OK, thanks.  I'll consider it.

> If you use GNOME, GNOME Boxes wraps KVM in an easier GUI.

LXDE.

Thanks,                                     ... P.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon