[Oberon] Re (8?): Networking ETH Oberon on QEMU.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Thu Jul 9 22:48:00 CEST 2020

From:	Michael Schierl <schierlm at gmx.de>
Date:	Thu, 9 Jul 2020 20:23:39 +0200
> I would check if another FTP client (e.g. one on the host) sees this as
> well (authenticating with the same user).

>From an LXTerminal on the host or from a telnet terminal in UnixA2
Oberon an attempt to put a file also gets "550 Permission denied".

I checked /etc/vsftpd.conf again and found this.
peter at joule:/home/peter$ grep write /etc/vsftpd.conf
# Uncomment this to enable any form of FTP write command.
#write_enable=YES

Ouch!  At the last system upgrade I allowed replacement of vsftpd.conf
and forgot to restore adjustments.  Blunder.

> In my experience this happens when the client tries to negotiate
> ciphers that the server considers to be outdated; or if the client
> only negotiates ciphers that the server does not know of.
>
> Increase LogLevel on the sshd will usually give some insights. (Don't
> do that on production SSHDs that are used by multiple people, as it
> may log confidential data. But I assume you are ssh'ing to your
> personal machine anyway). In case of outdated ciphers you can then
> enable those on the server.

Will work on that tomorrow or later.

Many thanks,                      ... P.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon