[Oberon] OS for Sparc 2.

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Jul 21 16:07:48 CEST 2020

> Beyond that, which Oberon is the best choice?  Which Oberons will work on Debian 4?

How about this one? I used back when the Linux kernel was 0.99pl14. It may need some tweaking of the X interface because Linux keeps improving over time. Bernard knows what it is.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/oberon/

> One of the instructions for the coin cell modification includes replacement of the clock crystal.

What ????!

 >Not clear why that is done.  Do the crystals drift with age?  How significant is that?

Initially crystals drift and then less and less. At least the ones I know of. I advise not to touch it unless there is strong reason to do so.

Wojtek