[Oberon] Re (2): Recognizing dialects.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Thu Jul 23 16:50:47 CEST 2020

From:	=?utf-8?Q?J=C3=B6rg?= <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch>
Date:	Wed, 22 Jul 2020 18:30:08 +0200
> Your sentence ...

According to my recollection the "Historical Perspective" was
primarily Bernhard's work.  (Details can be traced at "View history".)
Thanks Bernhard.

> I would just write "ETH Oberon (formerly System 3, S3) is written in
> Oberon-2."

Bernhard, I've made that change.  If you're dissatisfied, let me know
or revert or edit further.

Also I added a footnote mentioning Oberon vs. Oberon-2.  Currently
footnote 6.  That sort of detail is obvious to an expert but helpful
to a novice.

Also, to preserve access to the language report, I've added a link in
the footnote and another in the first sentence of the Historical
section.

Regarding Oberon vs. Oberon-2, the FOR statement should be a useful
landmark.  Ie. Oberon-2 has FOR; Oberon does not. The report preserved
at https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/oreport is for Oberon.

Regards,                              ... Lyall E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon