[Oberon] Emulators

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Wed Jul 29 14:49:10 CEST 2020

Michael:

  now you got me confused. We had this long discussion concerning image formats. I was asking whether it is possible to modify your emulator to open the original *unpatched* image. From all that you were saying I understood that it is not only possible, but in fact it was done. The only reason to patch the images into the PNG format was that the raw format cannot be served over the web (no support for binary file transfer in IE10), while every web browser will take the PNG.

This is what I understood and yesterday wrote on my Emulators page. Is my understanding incorrect?

Concerning Colby's emulator, the comment in the text explicitly says that it can open Peter de Wachter's format. So I tried one of the images from your C page to check it out. It was not my mistake to choose this particular image.

So I am now confused.

Thanks!
Wojtek