[Oberon] oberon compilers' wiki

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Tue Aug 18 17:19:50 CEST 2020

From:	Dotzel <gd at mo...aware.com>
Date:	Mon, 17 Aug 2020 15:23:05 +0200 (CEST)
> is is intentional that you leave out commercial, non free or non-open
> source --whatever you might call it--compilers in
> en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=Oberon/compilers&oldid=3710116&diff=cur&diffonly=0

That URL is for the differential for an edit made 2020-08-15. The
compiler page itself is https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/compilers .

Seeing that Crelier made the front-end for OP2, assertion that he also
made the back-end for MIPS is entirely plausible.

I've added one character.  Throughout the original page there is a
blank between the initial of a given name and the family name.  Eg.
"A. Signer" rather than "A.Signer".  So I've added the blank between
R. and Crelier.

I wondered about 77.58.41.99.

peter at joule:~$ whois 77.58.41.99
% This is the RIPE Database query service.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% The RIPE Database is subject to Terms and Conditions.
% See http://www.ripe.net/db/support/db-terms-conditions.pdf
role:           Liberty Global RIPE DBM
address:        Liberty Global B.V.
address:        Boeing Avenue 53
address:        1119PE Schiphol-Rijk
address:        Netherlands
% Information related to '77.58.0.0/15AS6830'

route:          77.58.0.0/15
descr:          Cablecom GmbH
descr:          Zollstrasse42
descr:          CH-8021 Zuerich
descr:          SWITZERLAND
origin:         AS6830

The location appears plausible.  =8~)

At the top of the page is the note "This document was originally
hosted at the ETHZ." My initial intention was to preserve the
information independent of archive.org.  Omission wasn't intended.

> or did you never come acrossA http://www.modulaware.com/mwcvms.htm,
> oberon-2 for hp-alpha-openvms?

Likely I saw the page years ago but hadn't thought of it since
initializing the book. Certainly I've contemplated adding the V5
compiler.  If you are interested to add ModulaWare compilers to the
page, I have no objection. Given that the wiki can be edited by
anyone, I view the book as a community asset rather than a personal
asset. Therefore I wonder whether anyone else objects to inclusion of
the ModulaWare compilers.  If not, then add the ModulaWare compilers.
The existing information is approximately chronological and I don't
know where the ModulaWare work fits chronologically.

Thanks,                          ... Lyall E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon