[Oberon] ORD for typecasting Pointers

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 09:02:16 CEST 2020

   > Fonts should import Display! The type Pattern should be in Display,
   > as only Display knows the bit layout if you add colors to the system.
   > br Jörg

That’s how I implemented the variant where GetPat returns a (typed)
pattern array of byte - of type Display.Pattern. In Fonts I then have

  TYPE FontDesc = RECORD ... pattern: Display.Pattern END ;

very similar to the original Oberon system.

I suspect the reason why GetPat returns an integer patadr is for
performance reasons (not sure about that though?)