[Oberon] Re. batch job thread.

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 00:52:45 CEST 2020

> if the command is followed by a *,
> the parameter is the selected viewer.

Yes, I haven't done Oberon programming for years; [but use LNO for
 superb analysis/documentation of complex stuff, which needs:
 1. see multiple files, together on ONE screen;
 2. Color/Font related concepts/text - like koki-pens on paper;
but I remember experimenting with the <* F1 frame-marker> to pipe
stage N to stage N+1 via the OutputFrame => InputFrame.

> With Andreas‘ automating method your „Unix piping“ could look
> like this:
>
> Oberon.Batch
>   WAV.FromText input.text => temp.wav ~
>   MP3.FromWAV temp.wav => final.mp3 ~
>   System.DeleteFiles temp.wav ~
> ~

I like that! Could it easily be ported to LNO? From where?
---
PS. LEO <linux eth Oberon> was the most magical system I ever used.
And I could never understand how no one else ever mentioned it.
And the Canadian who eventually got more aggressive to be given
 d/l info, was banned from this forum....
Only later, after much painfull testing did I discover that I had
been just lucky that my 486PC, installed LEO perfectly [font sizeS
etc.] on the first installation attempt.
Now on my 2 laptops <LEO's font sizeS> are only usable via Debian7
installation CD set for 486. I can't bootup the CD just to use LEO!
A simple example of LEO's superiority is:
   show me the latest 22 file names on USBstik2/home/ETH:
= System.Execute ls -t /mnt/Stik2/home/ETH | less -22
This relates also to the common absurdity, also adopted by ETHO,
of not having the DEFAULT file listing in RECENTCY order.
Imagine working with 3 tools from a toolbox of 50 tools, where
<put down CoffeeCup to fetch TeaSpoon causes CoffeeCup to sinkdown
to its <alphabetic level>. Which relates to the fact that only after
computers had been used for sometime was it obvious that the STACK;
ie. RECENTCY was the best ordering.
-- Sorry for rant!!