[Oberon] UEFI

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Tue Nov 24 16:47:15 CET 2020

Hi Liam,

> UEFI is a horror. I loathe it. On my own machines, I disable it. On my
> work desktop, that is not an option and I had to install Win10 just to
> get the machine to boot from its own hard disk.

Do you mean UEFI, or Secure Boot? I'm interested (and in raising the
tone a bit). ;-)

If contemporary UEFI is not a reasonable target for any 3rd-party
operating systems, such as Oberon, then of course we should know sooner
rather than later, and not waste our time (or money) with such hardware
anymore - since there are, as you say, plenty of choices these days.

Cheers,
Paul