[Oberon] Portable Project Oberon on GitHub

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Dec 7 22:03:43 CET 2020

Hello:

  a while ago I put the Oberon System sources under the name Portable Oberon System. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make these files visible to the world. I looked at "pull requests", "actions", "packages", and all the other crap which Github is pouring on my head, and I have not found an answer to a simple question "how to make the files public". Can someone more knowledgeable than I go there and just release this stuff so anybody can see it? Alternatively, please tell me how I can do it.

I just read how to make a release, followed the procedure, and the only file which was released was the readme. I tried number of times. May I say that Github looks like a very bad joke to me?

https://github.com/WojtekSkulski/Portable_Oberon_System

FYI, these files are the complete NW Oberon System cleaned up of chaos in the lowest level interfaces. If one is thinking of portability then this should have been the first step. Without having a solid base any thinking of portability is a pipe dream.

I did it and now I am trying to make it known.

There are two "branches" on that website. One is BlackBox format. It really should have been the native Text format, but I did the cleanup under BlackBox. The other "branch" contains ASCII versions of the same files. Honestly these should not be used. Meaningful cleanup requires better formatting tools than plain ASCII.

Thank you,
Wojtek