[Oberon] [EXT] Re: Portable Project Oberon on GitHub

Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de
Wed Dec 9 00:27:39 CET 2020

Wojtek,

Am 08.12.2020 um 02:11 schrieb Skulski, Wojciech:
> Michael:
>
>    thank you! I made a release with the BlackBox files according to your advice. I tried to change readme.md. Editing this file is provided, but saving the edited version is not provided without making a new branch. So I did not save the edited file. Github can be entertaining.

As you are the owner of the repository, you should have two radio buttons:

(x) Commit directly to the ... branch.
( ) Create a new branch for this commit and start a pull request.

If you select the first one, you can commit directly (provided that you
indeed changed anything. The commit button will be grayed out if there
are no changes).

When editing files in someone else's repository, you indeed have only
the second option to create a new branch and send a pull request to the
original author.

[Searching the Web found some people who had the problem that despite
clicking the button, the changes were not saved when trying to commit to
the same branch. This was a few years ago and seemed to have happened
only in an old (unsupported) version of Firefox, where the validation
script triggered some JavaScript bug in that browser. Not sure if you
are affected by this, but considering that you earlier told us that you
still like to work on XP, I decided to mention it here.]

Regards,

Michael