[Oberon] Re: File transfer;

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Fri Jan 1 03:57:33 CET 2021

From:	"Skulski, Wojciech" <skulski at pas.rochester.edu>
Date:	Fri, 1 Jan 2021 00:24:42 +0000
> You may also want to look at the V4 modules, which are different
> from what you wrote. The following modules are mentioned in the
> FTP.Tool:

OK, thanks.  My intention was to let readers know that a wheel can be
adapted rather than reinvented.

> I am not seeing TFTP.Mod at all.

That makes sense.  ETH Oberon and V4 have FTP which is better than
TFTP.  Joerg demonstrated that V5 can run TFTP.  Progress!

> ... V4 package is sufficiently lean to give it a look for possible
> port to the FPGA Oberon, ...

Absolutely.  Many objectives exist.  All can't be tackled at once.

> Ideally the Extended Oberon and Linz V4 would become source
> compatible, opening the door to using all the V4 packages under FPGA
> Oberon. This would be fantastic.

With a bit of luck, just a matter of time.

I'm still interested to get an Oberon.Ini for Linux V4.  Tried emails
to old addresses for Robert Lichtenberger and both bounced. Will try a
few other possibilities.

Regards,                          ... P. L.

--
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca