[Oberon] Oberon history.

Pablo Cayuela pablo.cayuela at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 06:27:41 CET 2021

The article begins with: "Editor's note: On June 1, I participated in a
meeting led by Niklaus Wirth. The meeting was attended by a small
group of hard-core
hackers, most of them from the Sacramento, California area...
I decided to go back to my tape of the meeting and see how Niklaus
himself presented
the language. "

And it says he was on a sabbatical that year for a second time in his life.

It's really interesting to read Pournelle's article (I was delighted by his
notes on Byte always, even read his Science Fiction works), and also
interesting to read about Sage computers, and to have a glimpse on the
diversity of computers and systems of that time, it was really an exciting
time! (In those years I learnt Basic on Sinclair computers as a little boy)

I never heard Prof Wirth in notes from the 80's or even 90's or before,
only what's on youtube nowadays but I had the pleasure to talk to him in
2017 by Skype when he was visiting Moscow hosted by Fyodor Tkachov.

Thank you Chris for those references!