[Oberon] [EXT] Re: LOOP conversion

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Thu Jan 7 03:00:54 CET 2021

Chris:
>While it is true that LOOPs can be mechanically (or even automatically)
>converted by techniques like those listed, the end result is not going to be
>much of an improvement on the original, and can even be less comprehensible.

We seem to have different understanding of the word "improvement". My definition of "improvement" is that I can implement new projects, rather than spend effort on existing projects, which are working just fine.

IMHO it is an opinion that the code looks better. Even, if I shared this opinion, it is still an opinion.

I could understand this direction if Andreas told us that adopting his compiler is plainly impossible. This would be a technical necessity. I can understand this.

But when I hear that you dislike certain words, then it does not look like a technical necessity to me.

W.