[Oberon] Oberon V4 on the Raspberry Pi?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:58:32 CET 2021

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 at 08:29, Joerg <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch> wrote:

> ETHOberon is written in Oberon-2, as LinzOberon.

Thank you for the clarification. In my copious free time I will update
the Wikipedia article at some point.

So, as I understand it, there are just these 4 forks of the OS that
continued separately?

• ETH Oberon [in Oberon 2] is (or was) the final continuation of the
original system.
• Linz Oberon [in Oberon 2] is a fork, without direct involvement from
Prof Wirth
• A2 [in Active Oberon] is a fork, in a forked version of the
language, but the only version to run on modern hardware & to support
SMP.
• Project Oberon [in Oberon-07] is Wirth's official version, and only
runs on RISC5 or an emulation thereof?

 So there is no current or recent continuation in the original Oberon language?

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com